Cryptocurrency futures are contracts attached to the value of the underlying digital asset that agree to a certain price for a certain date. Trading these derivatives has been a rage for the crypto community in recent years for the profits that can be obtained in these operations.
Cryptocurrency futures exchange are platforms that offer trading with these products that, although they do not grant the cryptocurrencies traded when contracts are fulfilled, they do leave extremely juicy benefits when successfully closing an order.
This time, we will review 3 of the cryptocurrency futures exchanges to determine which one can best suit the user’s needs.
BitMEX is an exclusive trading platform for cryptocurrency derivatives founded in 2014 whose deposits and withdrawals are made exclusively with Bitcoin. It is the cryptocurrency future contracts trading platform with the highest market volume and where many of the most expert traders make their investments in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency contracts.
- It does not need tedious KYC (Know Your Customer) processes, so you can use the platform after confirming your email without further inconvenience.
- We can start from 0.0001 BTC, which corresponds to approximately $ 10 USD. A minimal investment if you compare it with the benefits you can get.
- BitMEX allows us to trade BTC, ADA, BCH, EOS, ETH, LTC, TRX and XRP contracts.
- BitMEX does not charge commissions for open altcoin contracts.
- It is currently the second Crypto Exchange with the highest market volume, surpassed only by Binance (who not only negotiates future contracts).
It is integrable with API keys and multiple trading bots.
Deribit is recognized as the most advanced bitcoin derivatives and basic options trading platform to date, a title it has earned for its functionality. Deribit sets his contracts at a price of $10 and the maker fee is -0.02% (Refund) and the taker fee is 0.05%.
- Transaction fees do not exceed 0.075% on market orders, paying 0.025% on limit orders.
- In Deribit, transactions are executed in just a few milliseconds.
- Payments are made continuously to avoid the devaluation of your tokens.
- The prices of the perpetual contracts underlying Bitcoin are very close to the real.
- Deribit offers up to 100x leverage for its users
The liquidations are fair and it is avoided as much as possible to consume more than the necessary margin.
Kraken futures is the platform of the exchange company Kraken for trading with future contracts. Its volume of transactions (which has grown by giant steps since it was released), its excellent trading options and policies make it one of the most valuable crypto markets in the community.
Kraken Futures Features
- Kraken Futures has a 30% transaction refund system for traders.
- Users receive calls to the order book to cancel positions that are about to be liquidated, which can avoid getting your account burned.
- The operability of the platform avoids having setbacks or bugs when placing orders and configuring them. This can keep you away from making mistakes or losing money because of the exchange.
- Since Kraken does not only work with futures, it allows for links between the spot market, thus allowing traders to transfer funds between both accounts and use arbitrage to their advantage.